||All Ireland Centre of Excellence
We are delighted to inform all our staff and parents that we have retained the All Ireland Centre of Excellence Award. This award has been developed in line with international research on best practice in Early Years care and education, and recognises day care providers as delivering high quality provision for each individual child in their care. Receiving this award highlights the commitment that all staff in Adventures have towards ensuring that we offer the highest level of support for the children in our nursery.
Adventures Day Nursery – A Truly Award Winning Nursery
Over the last few years Adventures Day Nursery has won a number of awards. These awards show the dedication and commitment of the business to its staff and customers. Our awards have included:
- Training Partner of the Year – with People First training
- NI4Kids – Childcare of the year finalist
- All Ireland Centre of Excellence Award – awarded 2012 and 2015
- Belfast Business Awards 2015 and 2016 – Highly Commended “Best Place to Work”. Finalist in 2016
- Women in Business 2015 – Winner “Best Customer Service”, Finalist in 2017
- Family Friendly Employer Awards 2015 and 2016 finalist, Highly Commended in 2017
- Family First Awards 2016 – winner Centre of Excellence for West Belfast
- Family First Awards 2017 – winner Centre of Excellence for Childcare
- Family First Awards 2018 – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Family Friendly Employer Awards 2018 – winner
|| Comments from the 2018 Social Services Inspection Report:
- It was evident that there was a good understanding of Safeguarding and Child protection.
- The setting has a range of sufficient and suitable play equipment and materials available for indoor and outdoor play to provide stimulating activities for children in all areas of their development and learning.
- The inspector observed clearly defined play areas large enough to give scope for free movement in which children have opportunities for safe, energetic play.
- Staff talked in a warm and affectionate way towards the children.
- The children appeared happy and settled and staff were warm and caring towards the children at all times.
- The atmosphere was friendly and happy.
||Comments from the 2018 Parents Questionnaires:
- The staff are supportive in my approaches and always offer helpful advice.
- Staff always go out of their ways to make sure myself and son are both happy.
- Excellent nursery – we are so happy that our child is attending Adventures.
- Maria and the staff have been so professional and caring to our child, that it has made what we thought would be a daunting experience extremely positive.
- Amazing creche and staff.
- Always made to feel welcome by the staff. Girls are really lovely and I know my daughter is in good hands.
- the staff are amazing and very friendly.
- Everybody is so positive towards the children.
- So welcoming – amazing staff.
- Excellent creche with amazing staff who are very good at their job.
|| Comments from the 2017 Social Services Inspection Report:
Social Worker Comments:
- It was evident the Safeguarding children is afforded the highest priority in this setting
- Baby room – The staff presented as caring and attentive and when one of the children became unsettled they were responsive and comforted the little girl.
- Little 1 – the staff presented as vigilant and responsive to the children. They offered them lots of smiles and talked in calm and reassuring voices.
- Little 2 – The staff were once again attentive and responsive to the children and open ended questions were asked to encourage speech and language development.
- Big room – While the children ate their snack they chatted away with each other and the staff and it was apparent that the children were relaxed and happy.
- After-school – The staff were also very attentive and it was evident from the interaction with the children that there is an easy relationship between the children and the staff.
- An excellent setting, my eldest son attended here 10 years ago and my youngest is currently there. Great relationship with all the staff, a good sign that there isn’t a high turnover of staff. Would recommend this day nursery to anyone.
- Excellent nursery and my daughter has settled very well with the help and encouragement of all staff members.
- This childcare is amazing. Nothing is too much trouble. I fully trust Maria and the staff with my childrens care.
- Both of my children have come on so well at Adventures. The staff are so pleasant and professional at their jobs. I feel so comfortable when talking to the staff at Adventures.
||Comments from the 2016 Social Services Inspection:
“It was found through discussion that staff have a sound knowledge of the child protection policy and procedures as well as safe caring practices”, “Staff ratios are high and staff provided individual attention ensuring each childs needs were being met”, “staff presented as warm, caring and attentive towards the children”, Staff demonstrated warmth and skill when interacting with the children, and appeared genuinely interested in what the children had to say”, “The playroom is a stimulating and attractive play environment which is thoughtfully presented to promote distinct areas of play for fun and learning”.
Comments from the 2016 parents Questionnaire:
- My daughter loves the nursery. All staff very friendly and approachable.
- Absolutely amazing school. My daughter loves going every week. Great friendly staff.
- I am so pleased with the support I have received from a Adventures. The staff are welcoming and friendly. My child absolutely loves attending. I would 100% recommend this nursery to others.
- I have sent both my children to Adventures. The staff are excellent. The nursery is well run. Both my children have always been happy and content in Adventures.
- Excellent Nursery – amazing staff.
- The staff feel like an extension of my family. I know they love and care for my son. delighted with this fantastic nursery.
||Comments from the 2015 Social Services Inspection:
“The staff were very attentive to the needs of the children”, “The staff had great conversations with the children”, “Overall the staff had a great knowledge of the children and the mutual respect was evident”, “The children appeared settled and at ease with their needs being met”, “As in every room the staff were very attentive to the children and the children’s needs were paramount in the actions and words the staff used”
||Comments from the 2015 Parents questionnaire:
- I had my daughter in a nursery for 1 year prior to joining Adventures. The difference is like night and day. I fretted leaving her before to the previous nursery, but now I go to work contented as she obviously loves Adventures and practically skips into it every day. Thanks to Maria and all the wonderful staff.
- I love the nursery, all the staff and management are amazing and take excellent care of my daughter. Maria (manager) always helps me when I need extra support and I am very grateful for everything she does for me and my daughter.
- I am very pleased with the nursery and my child has settled in brilliantly. She is never strange and always has a smile on her face when I leave her and pick her up.
- I couldn’t ask for better girls to look after my son. The nursery is bright and friendly and I always feel welcome.
- Brilliant staff who really care about my child. Thank you so much.
- The nursery have supported both myself and my family with kindness and I don’t know what I would have done without them.
- Fantastic staff. My daughter has come on great, thanks to all the staff. Very friendly and approachable.
- I really love my children coming here. The staff are all very good with my children, and they greet me warmly each day.